Please note that the programme featured below is provisional and may be subject to change.
Conference Day 1
MONDAY 13 MAY 2019
Session 1.0.1: Keynote session
9:00 Welcome address from host port
Osorio Lucas, Chief Executive Officer, Maputo Port Development Company, Mozambique*
9:10 Opening address from host port and rail authority
Eng. Miguel José Matabel, Chairman of the Board of Directors, CFM, Mozambique*
9:20 Keynote address
Hon. Carlos Mesquita, Minister of Transport and Communications, Ministry of Transport & Communications, Mozambique*
9:40 Attracting foreign investment to drive the Ports an Rail industry to new heights
Lourenco Sambo, Director General, Agency for Investment and Export Promotion, Mozambique*
10:10 Panel discussion: Intra-African trade: Building sustainable economic development and integration
- The role of Ports and Railways to speed up transit and regional trade flows in SADC an East Africa
- The role of State Owned Enterprises to form Corridor Strategic Alliances across the region with key Operators to facilitate the movement of transit cargo and regional trade
- The role of Ports to ease the flow of goods through feeding corridors
- How Mozambique and hinterland countries can cooperate to improve rail connectivity
- How Mozambique government legislation can facilitate port-rail integration
Networking coffee break
Session 1.0.2: Boosting regional trade, integration and connectivity
A series of updates from leading experts and corridors providing insight into challenges and opportunities for improving regional trade and connectivity.
- Corridor development to enhance African Trade – The role of CMI’s
- Lessons from the Maputo Corridor Logistics Initiative
- What the signed Africa Continental Free Trade Area Agreement means for Mozambique?
- Lessons from the Nacala Logistics Corridor
Session 1.0.3: Ports spotlights session
A series of updates from local and international ports authorities and terminal operators providing insight into challenges and opportunities for ports development.
End of day 1
*= Invited speaker
Conference Day 2
TUESDAY 14 MAY 2019
Session 2.0.1: Infrastructure, investment and development
A series of updates from industry experts on major commodities that is driving infrastructure development forward and the types of funding and investment opportunities available.
- Infrastructure funding and investment opportunities
- Agriculture and coal as a major contributor to Mozambique’s economy
- Developing one of the world’s largest liquefied natural gas projects in Mozambique
Networking coffee break
Session 2.0.2: Rail spotlight session
A series of updates from local and international rail authorities and operators around Mozambique and hinterland countries providing insight into both maintenance and development projects.
Session 2.0.3: Enabling growth through technological innovation
A series of updates on how the latest technologies can make ports and rail services more efficient, predictable and reliable while increasing its competitiveness.
- Blockchain in commodity trading and transportation
- Management systems and solutions for port operations
- The future of signaling systems and electrification of railway lines
End of conference